- Gave birth (!!!) to Ari
- Celebrated 4 years of marriage
- Went on a road trip with family to Oroville, CA; Reno, NV; and Lake Tahoe
- Survived staying home with baby while Russ left to go to work
- Traveled to Nashville, TN on a plane with a 3 month old
- Survived being home alone with a baby for multiple days/nights while Russ traveled for work
- Flew to Reno, NV with a 6 month old
- Discussed and started Russell’s career change to architecture, which involves him going back to school
- Discussed and still researching where our little family might move to
2017 was a year of me doing things I never thought I could do. I have always been scared of childbirth but it turned out not to be as bad as I expected. Recovery was harder but all in all, it was doable and I would definitely do it again to have more kids. 2017 was a year where I was forced to do things on my own that I never thought I would be able to do, i.e. staying home with a newborn by myself, taking care of Ari by myself throughout the whole day/night for a couple days in a row. 2017 was a wonderful year because Ari was born and I never knew that I could experience so much joy.
In 2018, I hope to:
- Find out if/when/where our family moves to!
- Go to more farmer’s markets/small business shops to do my shopping
- Eat less meat/slowly ease into a more plant-based diet
- Side note: I’m nervous to start this journey but I know I want to start this journey. Russ and I have been working on being zero-waste for a couple of years now. While we still have a long way to go, I like that we have still significantly reduced our trash. However, one big part of me knows that one of the more harmful industries out there when it comes to hurting the environment/creating waste is the meat and dairy industry. While I’ll spare you any preaching/shaming (I’m not here to preach or convince anyone to make a switch), I know it’s one spot in my life I want to make a switch. Plus, all the health benefits!
- Not to be nervous to travel more with my kid
- Read more books
- Write more
- Hopefully grow our family
- And last but not least, to continue nurturing this awesome marriage.