Traveling with a kid always makes me anxious but I do believe it’s always worth it at the end. I had spent most of January worrying about the plane ride to and from Florida since it would be the longest plane ride we’ve ever done with Ari. Well, the travel came and went and I can say we made some pretty great family memories in Florida. (more…)
Wanted to pop in here really quick to share a couple pictures of my new plant. Because, plant parenthood yo.
I’ve always wanted one a Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree and have always eyed them. Then, Russell came home with one on Saturday morning! I knew they were a little bit harder to take care of so we started with a smaller one. We swapped out one of the house plants and put this right next to my favorite yellow chair, making it one of my favorite spots in the house. Really happy about this new plant edition!
- 4 bottom teeth! Back bottom molars are coming in. However, no top teeth in sight yet.
- Not crawling yet…close, but not fully mobile. Stay still as long as you can, kid.
- Really loves screaming in public. Like, really loves it. Eating out is getting harder as well as taking him around to different stores. Things are a-changing. We actually have to constantly keep him busy or just not take him to sit-down restaurants.
- Starting to reject his pacifier. Used to be we could pop the paci in his mouth and it instantly calmed him. Now, he’ll pull it out of his mouth and chuck it.
- Sitting up on his own more.
- Still loves his noise machine.
- Likes being outdoors in nature and going on family hikes.
- Is biting more. Nursing him is getting to be difficult. We have started talks of weaning him off of a few of his feedings and maybe pump or give him formula.
- Loves eating. But that’s not really an update.
- Gave birth (!!!) to Ari
- Celebrated 4 years of marriage
- Went on a road trip with family to Oroville, CA; Reno, NV; and Lake Tahoe
- Survived staying home with baby while Russ left to go to work
- Traveled to Nashville, TN on a plane with a 3 month old
- Survived being home alone with a baby for multiple days/nights while Russ traveled for work
- Flew to Reno, NV with a 6 month old
- Discussed and started Russell’s career change to architecture, which involves him going back to school
- Discussed and still researching where our little family might move to